Town Council - current term 2022 to 2026
l-r: Aaron Burchat, Adam Bureau, Deputy Mayor Nicole Beatty, Mayor Lucas Cleveland, Randy Barber, Miriam Mutton, Brian Darling
Basic Compensation for these positions as of July 1, 2022:
|Lucas Cleveland||Office: 905 372-4301 Ext 4000 Cell: 289 251-4193|
|Nicole Beatty||Cell: 905 269-5637|
|Adam Bureau||Cell: 905 207-3370|
|Brian Darling||Cell: 289 251-2177|
|Aaron Burchat||Cell: 905 375-3535|
|Miriam Mutton||Cell: 905-269-1560|
|Randy Barber||Cell: 905-207-4940|
Council Meetings are held on a 3 week cycle - Committee of the Whole and Regular Council meetings occurring on consecutive Mondays, however, leaving one week at the beginning of each cycle where Council and the public have time to review the agenda. That is, there is a 2 week gap between each Regular Council meeting and the next Committee of the Whole meeting. Note that this governance system is currently being reviewed and may change by the Fall of 2023.
A full schedule of dates & times of Council meetings is here . Most meetings are at 6:00 pm. See the same page for information on how to access the Council's agenda and streaming video.
Contact the Town
Town of Cobourg Municipal Offices Victoria Hall 55 King Street West, Cobourg, ON K9A 2M2
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Main Phone: (905) 372-4301 Toll Free: 1-888-972-4301 Main Fax: (905) 372-7558
Customer Service: (905) 377-8696
Tourism/Community Development: 1-888-262-6874
Cobourg Community Centre: 1-888-972-7371
Concert Hall: 1-855-372-2210
For Town Administrators and Managers see this page.
For News, unfortunately the Town relies heavily on Social Media although there are now 2 newsletters.
Newsletters available for subscription:
- Monthly newsletter from the Mayor - sign-up here. Not published in months when quarterly Town Newsletter is published
- Quarterly Newsletter from the Town - (Hello Cobourg) - sign up here.
Social Media Sites
|Town||Mayor Lucas Cleveland|
Current Town Notices
- News Centre - Public Notices
- Council Agendas and Minutes - Includes all Agendas, Minutes and Resolutions from 2018 to now.
Information on how taxes are calculated and how much you can expect to pay. Go here.
Parking in Cobourg
- Where to park in Cobourg and how much it will cost you. Rates and map here. Updated and effective 12 April, 2023.
Community Centre Schedule for Seniors
- Seniors' activities (Town web site page)
- Town of Cobourg Events Calendar - pretty useless - instead try Cobourg Internet's Entertainment calendar for a guide to entertainment and other calendars.
- Public Meetings - a regularly updated list of public meetings called by the Town (on a related site).
Town of Cobourg - Strategic Plan
- The Strategic Plan for 2023 - 2026 is being developed. An RFQ called for a consultant to gather the inputs and develop the plan. Bids closed 25 April 2023 and a conrreact awarded with completion expected August 2023.
Voting for council occurs every 4 years in October. The next vote will be in 2026. Details on the election process and recent results are here.
For more on other local political elections, go to this section of this site.
The population of Cobourg and other Municipalities in Northumberland as of 2021.
A number of Municipal government functions are handled by the County. These include:
- Garbage management – including pickup of “wet” garbage, “dry” (recyclable) garbage and Yard Waste. (More on Yard waste pickup here)
- Social services – that is, welfare, subsidized housing, the Golden Plough Lodge - a long term care home - details on new one here.
- Ambulance Services
- Planning for some municipalities (not Cobourg)
- County Roads and Bridges
- County Economic Development and Tourism
For more about the County Council including who are the councillors, go here.
There are a good number of citizen committees set up to advise Council on a range of subjects. Note that a Governance review will drastically change the number of committees as well as their terms of reference. However, this page which lists them tries to keep current with the situation.
In 2018, the Town published a plain-language By-Law Guide. It's not available online on the Town's web site but is available at this page. Currently the Town's web site only has access to a limited number of By-Laws.